The Shaolin Shop site is provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the Shaolin Shop site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects;
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by e-mail, or calling us on 023 8063 4722. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and / or User Information, we are entitled do so.
- Orders can be made online, or by post or telephone.
- Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
- All prices are subject to VAT at 20% with the exception of clothing in child sizes which is zero rated.
- Shaolin Shop accepts most major credit and debit cards. Except Electron card.
- Any purchases made by cheque will not be dispatched until the funds have cleared into our account. Please allow up to 5 working days for cheques to clear.
- All cheques should be made payable to CHAN BRIDGE, with both the cheque card guarantee number and expiry date clearly written on the reverse of the cheque.
- We regret that third party cheques or credit cards cannot be accepted.
- Customers will be charged £25.00 in the event that any cheque presented as payment be returned to our Bankers as unpaid for any reason whatsoever.
- Any charges incurred from a debt recovery agency will be passed on to the customer.
3. DELIVERY AND COURIER
- The goods will be dispatched by a reputable carrier, at a service chosen on checkout. Times of delivery are estimated as accurately as possible but can be subject to delays out of our control and therefore we cannot be held responsible.
- In the case of non-delivery or missing parcels, normal channels will be pursued before replacement or compensation is allowed.
- Deliveries must be checked by customers before signing receipt from carrier. The company will not be responsible for goods damaged in transit if signed for with no reference to condition delivered in.
- Any damages or shortages must be notified in writing within 1 day of receipt.
- Signed proof of carrier required where complete parcel is damaged or there are shortages of items.
- Ownership of goods is only passed to the purchaser when the full payment is received.
- Where goods are lost, damaged or distorted after delivery, and the ownership has yet to pass, the purchaser will indemnify us against this loss provided it has not resulted from our negligence. Read more information about our delivery.
4. EXCHANGE AND REFUNDS
- If you need to return all/part of your order for size/item exchange, please return to Shaolin Shop, Liners Industrial Estate, Pitt Road, Southampton, SO15 3FQ, UK. The customer will have to pay the return carriage. Please ensure that your cheque in payment of these charges is enclosed with your returns and that your cheque guarantee card number is written on the reverse. Include a copy of the Invoice together with your further instructions for exchange.
- No return goods will be accepted unless previously agreed with Shaolin Shop. Returns under complaint must indicate invoice number and the Shaolin Shop reference number.
- Refunds and exchanges can only be made for goods that are returned in the original packaging, unworn, unused and unwashed.
- Refunds will ONLY be given for damaged goods where no replacement product can be supplied. Abuse/misuse/incorrect ordering by the customer will NOT be refunded. Goods are not available for inspection or on approval basis. Shaolin Shop can take no responsibility for goods incorrectly ordered. If you are unsure of your size, please check our SIZE GUIDE prior to ordering.
- All other refunds will be liable for an administration charge of 10% of the total invoice price.
- Cancellation of made-to-order products
- Foe more information please read our Returns Policy.
5. DISTANCE PURCHASE
A. Please call Shaolin Shop if unsure about a product on 023 8063 4722 to get more information on your purchase before you purchase as once ordered any carriage charge will not be refunded and we will charge for the collection should the item not be to your satisfaction
6. All goods are subject to guarantee against faulty manufacture and defective materials.
Goods will be exchanged or credit note or Monies returned only if goods are returned to us in good condition (within 14 days) and not suffering from damage due to misuse or excessive wear. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
- Shaolin Shop weapons can only be sold to persons over the age of 18 years. Use and Misuse of Martial Arts Weapons can involve serious risk, including injury, disability and death. Weapons are sold for training and display use only under strict expert supervision, or for demonstrations of forms, or as collectors items for display only. Inspect weapons before use to ensure that they are in perfect condition. DO NOT USE WEAPONS FOR SPARRING OR CONTACT. User assumes all risks of Injury.
- No Wooden weapons used in Martial Arts are under Warranty if used for Contact or Sparring
- We do not accept liability for damage or injury caused through misuse of products purchased.
8. Description and prices are correct at the time of going to the press but many are subject to alteration. We reserve the right to invoice at prices ruling at the time of despatch. Every effort will be made to notify customers of price increase prior to despatch.
9. Goods are offered subject to availability.
10. Due to continuous improvement in the Martial Arts World, we reserve the right to alter specifications on products without any notice.
11. The actual products may differ from the photographs shown in this catalogue as pictures are for illustration purpose only.
12. We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Shaolin Shop site. The changes will apply to the use of the Shaolin Shop site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the Shaolin Shop online Store. If you continue to use the Shaolin Shop site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Shaolin Shop site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
13. Shaolin Shop aims to offer you the best service possible, although we make no promise that the services at the Shaolin Shop Site will meet your requirements. Shaolin Shop cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service you should report it to the Customer Services via email and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can. Your access to the Shaolin Shop Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Shaolin Shop will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
14. As a convenience to Shaolin Shop customers, the Shaolin Shop site includes links to other web sites or material which are beyond its control. Shaolin Shop is not responsible for content on the Internet or World Wide Web pages on the Shaolin Shop site.
15. These terms supersede all previous business agreements.
Sales of Weapons
No weapons will be sold to persons under the age of 18 years or to anyone who is not able to supply a M.A.C. licence or registered club card. We would like to draw our customers attention to the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 which states that it is prohibited to carry in a public place any weapon considered to be offensive. We would like to point out that holding a licence or club card which permits you to purchase weapons does not entitle you to carry such weapons in a public place. All metal Weapons are offered for Sale as Collectors and Utility Items. There is absolutely no suggestion that any Metal Weapon offered is suitable for combat as a weapon for inflicting injury on a person or causing to fear injury.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
· any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
· any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
· any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Shaolin Shop. and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Shaolin Shop, Liners Industrial Estate, Pitt Road, Southampton, SO15 3FQ. Registered in England.